Thursday 21 May 2009

Lake Coniston Again!

John and I went back to Lake Coniston last weekend (16 - 17th May) and stayed in a really good campsite called Park Coppice (Caravan Club) in our motorhome. It was quite blustery and raining for most of the weekend. The water temp was 10.5C which was freezing and instantly my hands and feet froze again! I put my head down and started swimming however the wind was making the water choppy and difficult to swim in! I managed 2hrs and 7mins before my entire body froze and decided it was time to get out. I struggled to stand due to my feet being numb but John helped me out! The shivers came quickly and it took me a while to thaw!! I did love it though!! Thanks to John for keeping an eye on me in his inflatable kayak even though he struggled to keep going in the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment