Friday 7 August 2009

Messages of Support!!


Well I have been battling with feeling so disappointed following the swim but today is the first time I have felt a little better - Why? Well this came through the post today...

Its from Johns nephew Joseph - I think its fab!!!

I have also received a massive bunch of roses and lilys from my brother and people are still giving me sponsorship! I need to have another go in the next few years just prove I can do it - I know I can!!!

Big THANK YOU to everyone supporting me - it means a lot!!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya
    yesterday was a year to the day since I made the stupid choice to drive to dover and swim upon arrival...dont worry about this attempt...its all part of the journey, the Channel is still there and always will be, I live reasonably close to you so if you want to get in the North Sea to train let me know...its still eating away at me on a daily basis..

    best wishes

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just tried to do an open water mile swim and had to bail out after only about 500yds...I hurt my ankle just 3 days ago swimming fly, and my dad died 2 weeks ago which was a blow to me emotionally, but physically as well since I have not been sleeping regular hours, only about 6 hours at most, because of all the work I have to do regarding my dad's belongings...
    So I know how disappointed you must feel. I had been training for my race for 3 months and had been ready at the beginning of this month, and now I have to wait another year before open water season begins here again in the states....

    ReplyDelete