Monday 1 June 2009

Lake Coniston Again Again!!

Hi everyone
Yep I was back in Lake Coniston this weekend - this time I had visitors as 2 really good friends of ours - Gio and Kath joined us on the lake - they have a new inflatable kayak also so wanted to have a play! My aim was to swim at least 5 hours but this would depend on the weather and water conditions. As you know it was scorchio this weekend - the sun was out all of the time however the water hadn't warmed up that much! It was 13C which was okay! On saturday we got to the lake and I set off - after the usual 'oh my god its cold' thoughts I set off - the aim to swim for 2 hours down the lake - feed then cut across to the other side and then back down, next feed in 1 hr and every hour afterwards. As I got to just over 1 hour my mind decided it had had enough and I had an overwhelming urge to give up!! I decided to rethink at the feed and by that time came I was okay again! I carried on!! In the end I managed 5hours and 18mins which was really great - I felt good and could have carried on! The only thing I suffered was really bad cramp in my calfs!! God it was agony! I need to think about how to rectify this!

No comments:

Post a Comment