Thursday 23 July 2009

Injury free?

Well I have spent the last 10 months virtually injury free but over the last few weeks my left wrist has got more painful! I have a history with my wrist as I had to have it reconstructed in Feb 2007 (I lost 3mms on my ulna and the head was removed!). Anyway I got to see a physio on monday this week and he referred me back to the surgeon at the hospital. I saw him yesterday and had an xray and was diagnosed as having a very inflammed joint - he then proceeded to inject it with steroids and told me to not swim for at least a week!!! At this point I protested so he compromised on 48hrs and put me in a splint. So I haven't swum for a couple of days already and it is drving me mad!!
My swim is scheduled for 8 days time so I am hoping this should tie me over!!! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment